“If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you’ll end up not doing nothing for nobody!” Malcom Bane
I was reading a blog of a coach I follow (Caroll Roberson Schwartz and I thought it was so appropriate for what’s going on in our country now, I wanted to share some of the highlights.
I can’t remember a single year in all my years that has been packed with such a steady stream of dispiriting calamites:
- Devastating natural disasters like fires, floods and hurricanes
- Man-made tragedies like the Las Vegas shooting massacre on innocents and yesterday, here in Texas the shooting at a church service
- Terrorism and wars around the globe
As my coach friend said what we need is a Little Bit of Christmas – to change the atmosphere just as soon as we can – something that would reflect our best human qualities – like gratitude, giving, and sharing. The song, We Need a Little Christmas comes to mind
So today I wanted to offer a few ways that YOU can get the ball rolling with some Holiday Spirit around. Put our differences aside, be kinder and more loving toward our fellow men.
- Let someone who appears to be in a hurry go ahead of you in the checkout line.
- Help an older person or someone under the weather put up their holiday decorations or haul their Christmas home.
- Surprise a friend on a tight budget with a supermarket gift card
- At the gas station, if you notice someone in an old car with kids in the back, surprise her by paying for her tank of gas or
- my favorite is
- Surprise your friends, family and clients with a snail-mail Thanksgiving card signed with the words
I’m so grateful for you!” It’ll make their day.
Hope this is a bright spot in you day. If you’re interested in learning the essentials to creating the lifestyle you want, email me at email@example.com